Autor Wątek: Proposed Economical Changes  (Przeczytany 819 razy)

Offline MarcinSCII

• Miszcz APMuff
  • Administrator
  • Użytkownik
  • Reputacja +4/-0
  • You remember when i said i kill you last..? I lied
Proposed Economical Changes
« dnia: Listopad 06, 2016, 06:35:12 pm »
Ok se lets start by the most obvious problem with MP games. Huge fleets, even bigger airforces, artificially implemented house rules that often result in big arguments (stacking penalty anyone?).

I will paint this in broad strokes, i will leave details to people who can focus on them properly. We can use all of these or just combination or just one.

1. Global increase in supply demand.

This has it's merits. It will affect majors but even more so minors. Still it will open up space for building cheap units that do not perform very well, as we can leave them relatively the same as now.

2. Global increase in building times.

Self explanatory, i would propose up to 20% increase in  building times as start point. For all units.

3. Decrease of resources for certain majors.

This is rather experimental. But idea is to shift some resources from majors to minors. To make majors compete for resources on global market (AI countries) in early game, eventually conquering them for access to these resources.
Reduce amount of resources in US and Russia so they can sustain only about 500 IC at most on its own. If you disagree with this number that's fine, we can discuss that and I it's rather complex because if we up the prices then might completely cripple the majors. So discussion here has to take to account entire food chain.

4. Global decrease in leadership point.

Lets face it we should have to pick our techs. Not research them all. Yes even if you murrica or germoni or russia.

5. Increase supply transfer cost,

Making that tech important for certain countries that want to field big army.

6. Decrease buildable level of airbases to 5. Decrease buildable level of ports to 2 or even 1.

7. Make new techs for ships more expensive to build.

I would want new techs to be 30% expensive from previous tec. This way you can pick to build more cheaper but old ships with poor stats. Or new tech ships which are more sturdy better aa and protection from air but more expensive and longer to build. Lets have base cost increased only by 10 %.

« Ostatnia zmiana: Listopad 06, 2016, 08:46:17 pm wysłana przez MarcinSCII »
Gram tylko w dwóch przypadkach, gdy pada deszcz i gdy nie pada.

Offline gezu1025

• Nowy użytkownik
  • Reputacja +0/-0
Odp: Proposed Economical Changes
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Listopad 06, 2016, 10:16:44 pm »
1. need to discuss - remember - with the current ingame "working" supply system a decent sized US or UK army cannot be supplied in Europe via ports. And that "decent" sized army is 1/3 or 1/4 of USSR army. Also you also want cut port effy, but to make it work we would need to boost port supply capacity like fuck.

2. hell yeah, BUT it will railroad early wars such as japan-china, no time to build up = starting oob decide

3. USSR and US yes, but dont try to cut Japan 5 oil income from 1 province  :D

4. UK early cut OK, germoni mid game cut OK, usa and ussr late game cut OK

5. sure

6. i say remove the options to build ports, airfields are fine

7. with these numbers, it will just result in complete ignore of ships techs

Offline gezu1025

• Nowy użytkownik
  • Reputacja +0/-0
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Listopad 06, 2016, 10:21:42 pm »
I say, cut IC in half. I am serious now. One easy modifier, and we will see the outcome.
ALSO increase IC build cost with the same ammount.

This will solve most of the eco problems, will affect numbers, affect supply capacity, everything. Ofc resources also needs to be gone.

Offline DasGleiche

• Nowy użytkownik
  • Reputacja +0/-0
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Listopad 07, 2016, 08:25:09 am »
Issue with reducing IC globally is that you would have to remove all spawned units for all nations that get them. Spawned unique HQs are fine, but Germany, USSR and UK for sure can get a fair amount of full divisions spawned for them.

Supplies are difficult to manage even for small armies in many parts of the world. Air supply is often necessary (and transport planes are among the more expensive planes to build as it is). Making supplies harder/more expensive outside of a global IC reduction would make fighting in places other than Western Europe shitty, and not in a tactical sense.

What I'd like to do with LS and to a lesser extent manpower is redistribute them across provinces rather than having them in a single province/city to represent the regional total or whatever. I like the idea of LS for significant/important provinces to represent the merit/pride of owning a historical location, for instance. But having spread out LS/MP would allow for small territorial changes to be more significant.

Offline MarcinSCII

• Miszcz APMuff
  • Administrator
  • Użytkownik
  • Reputacja +4/-0
  • You remember when i said i kill you last..? I lied
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Listopad 07, 2016, 09:46:32 am »
That would only mean you have to bring even less for offensives or bring some supply efficient divisions. It is totally fine not being able to extend HARM invasion into central Asia. Rather than this it makes sense to bring some Light Infantry, which could be catered to that role with specific rebalancing. Country that defends such places should have advantage of terrain vs super powerful units of more advanced countries. Even today its not possible to wage comfortable war in these regions. Furthermore it will cut on using ELINF as they are super heavy on supply demand. Instead bringing entire army of them for example as Japan, player will need to find a more reliant solution. Of course it has to be done in such way to not make impossible to invade such places. First and foremost AI spam decisions will need to be removed.

Also as i stated in OP. Not all of these measures need to be implemented. But we surely need some to cut on spam.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Listopad 07, 2016, 10:03:47 am wysłana przez MarcinSCII »
Gram tylko w dwóch przypadkach, gdy pada deszcz i gdy nie pada.